Thursday, February 5, 2009

You REALLY want to know?

I have been tagged by a beloved colleague, Susan Anthony of Sawmill Marketing, to provide 7 insights about me that most people don't know. Hmmm..... This is just moments after I completed 25 random notes on my FB page, and just seconds after reading this very funny article about the whole phenomenon of online journal notes (http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1877187,00.html). In the spirit of adventure, and just in case you actually want to know, here goes:

1. When I was 13 I was in an automobile accident. More precisely, I was hit by an automobile while crossing a street. Okay it was a highway. Nevertheless, it took a long while to recuperate.
From this experience i learned several life lessons at a young age. They are: things are never as bad or as good as you think; don't ever let someone else (or you own mind) put limits on your physical condition; enjoy the challenge of the journey, not just the destination; and, don't take what you have for granted.

2. Favorite Drink: Venti, 1/2 caf, skim, 1 splenda latte. Repeat.

3. I am much better as part of a team than as an individual.

4. I make and keep lists for everything. I have lists in my pockets, purse, stuck on the dashboard of my car, on my desk, etc. And they work. I would be lost without my lists.

5. I wanted to be a Communications Lawyer and rise up to become a member of the FCC. I spoke out against advertising to children while studying communications in college (University of Maryland). Then I went to Seton Hall School of Law and took a "sabbatical" after year 2 to take a job verifying ad claims at a large advertising conglomerate (IPG). Shortly after that I became a loaned lobbyist for the ad biz (AAAA). While there I met all kinds of account and creative types. And then I got hooked on the ad biz and haven't ever looked back. I am so glad I never finished law school. The FCC looks awfully boring now.

6. Right out of college a roommate took a job at the fledgling CNN in Atlanta. She called to say she could get me in on the groundfloor, too. I turned her down because I thought CNN was never going to make it.

7. I was the goalie on my very good high school and so-so college field hockey teams. I've heard every cliche line there is that caring folks say when a goal scores. I'm here to tell you none of them make you feel any better. I still always root for the goalie.

1 comment:

  1. Wow denise that a way to open up.
    I happened to know all those things about you.
    Almost like a Johari Window yet not very revealing about your feelings.
    I would try this but most peopel know already what a dooey I am.
    Good entry Niece.
    Like Butter

    ReplyDelete